Reported By Paul McRae
Robert Moog was a world famous pioneer in electronic music technology. His Moog Synthesizer radically altered the way music is made. His influence on pop music cannot be overstated. Quite simply, he is a legend.
Photo via Washington Post
Yesterday he would have been 78 years old. For his birthday Google honored him with a "Google Doodle." The Doodle is a fully functioning web based replica of his Mini Moog. It's a lot of fun to play with. Go Check it out.
What is lesser known about Bob Moog is the fact that he drove an artcar. In the latter years of his life he could be seen driving his aging Toyota around his home in Asheville North Carolina. "When I drive that thing around, people smile at me," he said. "I really feel I'm enhancing the environment."
Hat's off to Bob Moog on his 78th birthday.
The Moog Google Doodle taken to the Max
And here's one of our favorite Moog jams!
- Pink Batman Tesla
- Boombox Car for Sale
- Sweeter than Any Chiquita
- Hand Engraved Honda Civic
- Artcars on the Radio
- Help Keep the Jesus Christ Monkey Car Alive
- Sue Shefman and Cheerio Video Interview
- It's Coming! Houston Artcar Parade 2013
- First Hand Woven Car?
- Last Day to Sign Up for Houston Artcar Parade
- Vannadu in Washington Post
- Artcars in Fulshear St. Paddy's Day Parade
- Maria Del Camino, Part El Camino, Part Tank
- All Art Day at Poe Elementry
- ArtCar: The Movie Big Success on PBS Fundraiser
- Artcar: The Movie on PBS
- Bonnie Blue Art of Women
- Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth in CNN Money
- Artcar Free to a Good Home
- Texas Art Asylum A Great resource for Artcar Artists