Reported By Paul McRae
Make Out, Not War the famous artcar created by artist Shelley Buschur was stolen from her house sometime on Sunday. The truck was stolen while Shelley and partner Kirk Suddreath were away at Free Press Summerfest, an all day music festival.
Photo by Groovehouse
In an ironic twist of fate, Shelley was actually scheduled to display the car at Summerfest this weekend, but was uninvited at the last minute. She went to the show anyway with Kirk, in his Jesus Christ Monkey Car.
I spoke with Shelley at Summerfest at the end of the show while the artcar artists were waiting to pull their cars out of the festival grounds. The last thing I asked her was what future plans she had for Make Out, Not war. She told me she was happy with the truck and planned to drive it for a couple more years. Just moments later she arrived home to discover it had been stolen.
If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of this vehicle contact the police immediately.
Photo by Paul McRae
Update: Make Love, Not War artcar has been found by the Houston Police Department and has been returned to Shelley.
- Pink Batman Tesla
- Boombox Car for Sale
- Sweeter than Any Chiquita
- Hand Engraved Honda Civic
- Artcars on the Radio
- Help Keep the Jesus Christ Monkey Car Alive
- Sue Shefman and Cheerio Video Interview
- It's Coming! Houston Artcar Parade 2013
- First Hand Woven Car?
- Last Day to Sign Up for Houston Artcar Parade
- Vannadu in Washington Post
- Artcars in Fulshear St. Paddy's Day Parade
- Maria Del Camino, Part El Camino, Part Tank
- All Art Day at Poe Elementry
- ArtCar: The Movie Big Success on PBS Fundraiser
- Artcar: The Movie on PBS
- Bonnie Blue Art of Women
- Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth in CNN Money
- Artcar Free to a Good Home
- Texas Art Asylum A Great resource for Artcar Artists